Our Commitment to Privacy:
What Personal Information do we collect?
Canadian privacy legislation defines “personal information” broadly as information about an identifiable individual or as information that allows an individual to be identified. For the purposes of this policy, personal information means information about an identifiable individual as defined from time to time in applicable privacy legislation. Generally speaking, personal information does not include what is considered business contact information: your name, title or position, business address, telephone number, facsimile number or e-mail address. The types of information that Welcome Collective may collect about you includes your name, home address, telephone number, personal e-mail address, and other information which may be needed from time to time in order to provide appropriate services.
Why do we collect your Personal Information?
During the course of conducting its business affairs, Welcome Collective may gather and use various personal information about you for the following purposes:
(a) To process your donation and, where applicable, to issue a tax receipt;
(b) To process your application for services (e.g. peer support, attendance at camp, etc…);
(c) To process your application to volunteer for Welcome Collective;
(d) To provide you with requested information (e.g. patient manual, brochures, newsletters, e-mail notices, etc…) and to keep you informed of ongoing activities at Welcome Collective;
(e) To solicit donations from you;
(f) For any other purpose to which you consent.
To whom do we disclose your Personal Information?
From time to time, Welcome Collective may disclose your personal information to:
(a) Service providers, including an organization or individual retained by Welcome Collective to perform functions on its behalf (e.g. data processing, office/professional services, document management, bulk mailings, etc…);
(b) Foundation volunteers/staff who act as adjudicators on behalf of the organization in the assessment of applications for funding or to assess applications to volunteer for Welcome Collective;
(c) Any third party or parties, where you consent to such disclosure or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
Donor solicitation practices:
Welcome Collective appreciates your support. At Welcome Collective, our goal is to make giving simple. We recognize your rights to privacy and we pledge to protect it. The information you have provided to us will be used to process your donation(s) and to provide you with a tax receipt. From time to time, we may use your contact information (name, address, e-mail address and/or telephone number) to keep you informed of other activities, events and/or fundraising opportunities in support of Welcome Collective.
Welcome Collective’s Fair Information Practices:
Welcome Collective shall in all respects comply with applicable privacy legislation. Welcome Collective’s privacy practices are designed to achieve this. Therefore, in the course of collecting, using and storing personal information, Welcome Collective will ensure that:
· In obtaining consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, the purpose(s) for the collection, use and/or disclosure will be obvious by the very nature of the transaction or, if not, the purpose will be stated either at the time or before the information is collected;
· Any further use of this information is subject to consent, and Welcome Collective routinely offers individuals the opportunity to opt not to have their information used for purposes beyond those for which it was explicitly collected;
· Information will be carefully protected from inappropriate or unauthorized use;
· Internally, access to personal information is based only on the need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which it was collected;
· Your personal information is stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by Welcome Collective or at the offices of our service providers. Specific safeguards (physical, organizational and technological) are in place to ensure that the information is not shared or disclosed more widely than is necessary to achieve the purpose(s) for which it was collected;
· Personal information is retained only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to meet specific legal obligations. When personal information is no longer needed (relating to the reason(s) for which it was collected), it will be appropriately destroyed;
· Individuals have the right to access their personal information which Welcome Collective has on file and to challenge its accuracy, if necessary;
Where personal information is transferred to outside service providers, all reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that any such provider has personal information procedures and policies in place that are at least comparable to those of Welcome Collective.
Privacy & our Web Site:
When a visit is made to our web site, our web server automatically logs (records) domain name and standard information about the operating system and web browser being using, as provided by the web browser. This information is used for statistical purposes to help us manage our site; it does not identify an individual in any way. We do not use “cookies”. Our web site may contain links to other web sites which are provided as a convenience only. Visitors are advised that other third party web sites may have different privacy policies and practices than Welcome Collective, and Welcome Collective has no responsibility for such third party web sites. Occasionally we may send e-mail communications to you with information about Welcome Collective and its activities which may be useful to you. We will include instructions on how to unsubscribe if you decide that you do not want to receive any future e-mail from us.